[Vision2020] Fw: Request for 10 Minute Presentation at July 24 Meeting

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Jul 18 12:37:11 PDT 2007

-----Original message-----

From: "Copy Court" copycourt at verizon.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:01:00 -0700
To: donicht at sd281.k12.id.us
Subject: Request for 10 Minute Presentation at July 24 Meeting

July 17, 2007

To:                    Ms. Dawn Fazio, President, Board of Trustees

                        Dr. Candis Donicht, Superintendent, Moscow School
District

Dawn Fazio, I write primarily to you as President, Board of Trustees, MSD.

Request

Gary Young and I respectfully request 10 minutes of agenda time at the Board
of Trustees meeting scheduled for 7:00 PM on July 24 at the District Office,
650 North Cleveland, Moscow.  That is, we ask for five minutes to make a
presentation and another five minutes for questions and answers.  Our
presentation will be narrowed to the following excerpt from the Conciliation
Petition of the Committee for Goodwill and Conciliation; see attachment.

"MSD and Weitz immediately should initiate a conciliation compromise by
entering into a binding legal agreement whereby Dr. Weitz will drop his
lawsuit.  In turn, the Board must agree to re-run the contested indefinite
levy as an ordinary maintenance and operations levy.  Such a conciliation
compromise would leave intact the 2007 - 2008 MSD budget submitted to the
State Department of Education on June 27."

The Board may wish to have a more extensive discussion following our 10
minute presentation.  If so, Gary Young and I would prefer to leave the July
24 meeting so our presence would not constrain open discussion. Although
Gary Young now lives in Worley he continues to pay taxes on property owned
within the boundaries of Moscow School District No. 281.  He is subject to
the assessment of property taxes resulting from the levy election related to
the current case.  In summary, Gary Young is a qualified patron as related
to the Petition.

Paper Summary

Our Committee will prepare a one page summary of out July 24 presentation.
We will bring copies for distribution to the District Office at 6:00 PM on
July 24.

Response

Please respond by e-mail as soon as possible to let us know whether you
approve our request.  My e-mail is copycourt at verizon.net.  Gary Young's
e-mail is gyoung4idaho at peoplepc.com.  Thank you so very much for your
consideration.`

Sincerely,