[Vision2020] George W Told the Nation

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 17:19:06 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  What I am saying is that we should not surrender the Iraqi oil to Iran, Jordan, or another country that does not have the US or world interests at the forefront of their agenda. If somebody other than Iraq is going to take control of the Iraqi oil fields, who else but the United States would you like in control of it?

  Having Iraq in control of their oil fields would be ideal, but that isn't a reality right now because they don't have the resources to control it, produce it, and protect it. It is leaving a 10 year little girl on the meanest block in the city with a $100 bill glued to her forehead. How long is she going to last?

  If US troops withdraw from Iraq, leaving a large supply of oil left unprotected and not pumping oil, it will generate a substantial increase in the world price for oil. If the price of oil goes up, millions of poor families that depend on cheap oil for the transport of food will suffer, some may even be susceptible to famine and starvation. Poorer nations are forced to spend more on oil, and less on other needs of the people, such as medical care, education, and development. Other nations suffer from "transport poverty." That is, they go broke because they live way of town to afford housing, but cannot get to work because of higher gas prices. That is an economic reality.

  http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2006/04/b1533171.html

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 7/16/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Sunil,
>
> I agree. But since that is not possible, being that Iraqi people cannot even
> control their own country, we have to realize someone else needs to be in
> control of it.
>
> Iraq doesn't have the resources to get the oil and protect it. You like to
> think in theory, but the reality it Iraq is not capable of managing garbage

So what you're saying, Donovan, is that we should invade and displace
the new Iraqi government in order to secure their oil revenues? Like
we did the first time, except this time it works?

The first rule of war: no do-overs, no backsies.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com