[Vision2020] campaign contributions

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 14:47:09 PDT 2007

Andreas,

  You are wrong, it is the job of the judicial branch to determine if an election was held legally or not. That is in part why it exists. We don't vote on segregation in the schools like in the 1950s, we don't vote on if girls can get a public education, as Afghanistan does. MSD is only authorized to hold certain kinds of elections, not any kind of election it wants for whatever reason it wants. We are not an absolute democracy. We have a constitution, and the school district is not above the Idaho State Constitution even if a majority of the people that vote cast ballots for it and wish to ignore the rights of the minority that are protected by it.

  Best,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 7/17/07, Donovan Arnold wrote:
> Andreas,
>
> A vote taken at an illegal election cannot be taken away, it was never cast.
> If MSD holds an election to segregate the white children from the colored
> children would you want your vote counted, or would you consider the
> election illegal to began with?

Donovan --

You are treating the question of whether the election was illegal as
though it were settled, though you know this isn't the case. What I
object to is the school district negotiating away the results of the
election. The election is not theirs to negotiate.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com