[Vision2020] campaign contributions

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 22:28:47 PDT 2007

Shirley,

  You are without a doubt the best current legislature from Latah, and certainly have the most integrity of the three. But I am unable to find any vote you cast since 1999 which was in opposition to the MSD or IEA agenda or stated positions. If such disagreements exist between you and MSD and the IEA as you stated, please be so kind as to point out a few for us.

  I am glad you are able to work out differences with the MSD before taking them to court. It is unfortunate that MSD was unwilling to work with Dr. Weitz before he had to take them to court.  I would image that such a reason has less to do with integrity and more to do with the size of the gap differences in opinion.

  Again, I would like to hear to what differences between the MSD and yourself that you have worked out on behave of the people you represent.

  Best,

  Donovan

Shirley Ringo <ringoshirl at moscow.com> wrote:
        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Visionaries:

  Since Donovan’s remarks challenge my political integrity, I’ll respond briefly.

  I have consistently supported campaign finance reform, but the majority of Idaho legislators have not embraced it.

  One of my regular supporters is the Idaho Education Association, of which I am a member.  Their endorsement process involves completion of a survey involving issues important to them, and an interview.  Typically, I receive the maximum donation from them which is $1000 in the primary and $1000 in the general election.

  A handful of teachers sometimes contribute also.

  My actions and votes absolutely are not determined by donations to my campaign.  Probably those who donate to me most generously are favorably impressed by my voting record.  My votes are not for sale – anybody whose legislative action is determined by campaign contributions should resign.

  Yes, Donovan, there are times when I disagree with the MSD.  On such occasions, I work for change.  (I don’t sue them.)

  If anybody needs information on how to find the record of donors for any Idaho candidate, let me know.

  Shirley Ringo

  Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.

List services made available by First Step Internet,