[Vision2020] Mavis Staples interview on local radio

jeanlivingston jeanlivingston at turbonet.com
Fri Jul 13 21:40:36 PDT 2007

Rendezvous in the Park is pleased to announce that Rock and Roll Hall
of Fame inductee Mavis Staples agreed to do an interview with Mary
Hawkins of our local broadcast media, in advance of Mavis' appearance
at Rendezvous on Saturday July 21.

Portions of the interview with the soul and gospel legend will be
featured on Saturday July 14 and Saturday July 21 on Mary Hawkins'
"The Saturday Show."  The Saturday Show is broadcast by Northwest
Public Radio's NPR and Classical Music Service (KRFA 91.7 in
Moscow-Pullman).  The Saturday Show starts at 2 p.m., right after
Dan Maher's "Inland Folk."

Expect Mavis to discuss her new album, "We'll Never Turn Back," her
earlier career with the Staple Singers, and her part in the Civil
Rights movement of the 1960s with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Bruce Livingston

P.S.   Individual tickets are available from Heart of the Arts or at
the gate, and Rendezvous buttons are available at the Farmers' Market
and Bookpeople.