[Vision2020] Women in Authority and Leadership!

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Thu Jul 12 11:29:28 PDT 2007

Yes, Deborah correctly acknowledged the results of a fallen, sexist, sinful world when she predicted that cries of "neener, neener, neener, you got beat by a girl!" (I'm paraphrasing here) would result from her leadership.  Kind of in the same way God predicted that, as a result of the Fall, men would rule over women.Descriptive.  Prescriptive.  Good Bible scholars try to understand the difference.  (And they generally agree that Jael's victory was a complement to and not separate from Deborah's.  But I think I'd better stop here.  All this serious thinking and stuff is making my pretty little head hurt.)keely"And these women that you spit on as they try to change their worlds/Are immune to your consultations . . . they're quite aware of what they're going through"(With apologies to David Bowie)> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 12:04:51 -0700> From: ophite at gmail.com> To: heirdoug at netscape.net> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Women in Authority and Leadership!> > > Deborah told Barak that the enemy would be defeated at the hand of a> > woman. This would have been a humiliation to them and part of their> > judgment. The victory would come to Israel by a woman's hand. That hand> > was not Deborah's but Jael (the wife of Heber). The part I like about> > this story is the way that Jael dispatched Sisera with a tent peg right> > in the ear "and it went through into the ground." How cool is that!> >> > There was no military leadership on Deborah's part. She did not ride> > first into battle with sword in hand and yodeling like Zena, warrior> > princess. The leadership was all God's. The Lord went "out before"> > them. She went along as an observer and a singer. The men carried out> > the clean up warfare and carried all the weapons.> > Doug --> > It is truly a miraculous God who can ordain the defeat of a people at> the hands of a woman who did not even participate in the battle in> question.> > -- ACS> > =======================================================>  List services made available by First Step Internet, >  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.   >                http://www.fsr.net                       >           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com> =======================================================