[Vision2020] Scooter Libby's sentence commuted - was: Anarticlefrom IdahoStatesman.com

Andreas Schou ophite at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 10:46:58 PDT 2007

On 7/11/07, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:
> No, It does not satisfy me. It does not answer the question of why he took them. Stuffing secret documents in your pants is not normal behavior.

Roger --

These were classified anti-terrorism documents. Sandy Berger was
preparing to testify in front of the 9/11 Commission, and no longer
lives in Washington DC, where the National Archvies are. Rather than
imputing some nefarious motive to him, as you seem ready to do, how
about "he didn't want to fly all the way back to Washington DC every
time he wanted to look at them?"

This doesn't, of course, excuse what he did. But it does explain it
better than a right-wing conspiracy theory that's at odds with what
even the professional advocates of his punishment (i.e. the
prosecution itself) believe.

-- ACS