[Vision2020] Councilperson

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 18:52:59 PDT 2007

"Councilperson" I am curious why someone would tac "person" on the end of a title. Are there members of the council that are not persons? Why not "City Council Member"?  We don't say fireperson or policeperson. Placing person on the end of a title just sounds like an ugly attack on the English language.

  Best,

  Donovan

Tom Hansen <thansen at moscow.com> wrote:
  Greetings Visionaires -

The Fourth of July Celebration sponsored by the city of Moscow and presented
in Friendship Square was exceptional and well attended.

Segment just added: Councilperson Linda Pall leads celebration attendees in
the song "God Bless America."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3kndxYqJo

Stay tuned as there will be more to follow.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

--Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com