[Vision2020] NSAing by day and molesting by night

Dougs Hero bherodotus at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 20:29:16 PDT 2007

Legally speaking, the Sixth Amendment guarantees
Sitler the right to retain legal counsel, who has the
responsibility to vigorously defend his client. But no
one should confuse a vigorous defense with an
unethical defense. For example, OJ Simpson’s Dream
Team offered a vigorous defense of their client, but
trying Mark Furman for saying the “N word” hardly
constitutes an ethical defense.

Biblically speaking, the Scriptures offer no guarantee
of justice, no guarantee of a fair trial, and no
guarantee of legal counsel to Steven Sitler. Moreover,
they require him to own his sin without excuse, and
not to complain if he receives the black letter of the
law without mercy. For example, Achan coveted a wedge
of gold and then he stole it. And to his credit, he
confessed his sin, including covetousness, to Joshua,
who ordered a speedy execution. All Israel stoned
Achan and burned him.

In Sitler’s original case, we know that he leveraged
the court by trading his knowledge of the victims’
names in exchange for one charge against him, which
completely contradicts everything Pastor Wilson wrote
here:

http://dougwils.com/index.asp?Action=Anchor&CategoryID=1&BlogID=871

Despite this, Pastor Wilson still vouched for Sitler’s
repentance, which once again confirms that the only
thing fixed about Wilson’s “fixed standard” is his
brazen hypocrisy. But I digress.

In Sitler’s current case, we know that he confessed to
committing voyeurism — in heart and in deed. Moreover,
we know that he made this confession during group
therapy, presumably in front of the group, which
included his therapist. Additionally, he hand wrote a
confession that described in explicit detail the
sequence of events leading up to and culminating in
his act of voyeurism, and he supplemented his
hand-written confession with other statements
explaining his voyeurism in various therapeutic
categories. In short, we have intent; we have a
violation; and we have his confession, which raises
the question, what vigorous defense can his attorneys
advance without stepping over the line?

It’s a fair question because everyone knows that
Sitler did it. I fear, however, that the defense will
probably split hairs over the definition of the word
“voyeurism” because Sitler said that he didn’t see
anyone when he committed the act, which in his case is
like saying, “I planned to molest a child in my heart,
and I physically tried to molest a child, but at the
time, I couldn’t find a child to molest.”

Steven Sitler is a walking impulse whose only drive
compels him to assault helpless children. He poses a
constant threat that no one can remedy. Sitler cannot
stop himself; his therapists cannot stop him; and
while a vigorous defense cannot stop him, it may free
him on a technicality, which is not justice and
certainly won’t protect anyone. In fact, now he knows
that if he tells his therapist the truth, life in
prison awaits him, which is plenty of incentive to
sneak back into a double life of NSAing by day and
molesting by night.

The kindest act that anyone can do for Steven Sitler
is lock him up and throw away the key. This may sound
hard but it’s true. And however this thing ends, I
hope that Sunil does not become a party to the
ultimate release of a serial paedophile back into our
community.

Dougs’ Hero