[Vision2020] Al Gore's Son arrested for bad judgement, Just like his dad!

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Thu Jul 5 13:59:42 PDT 2007

This is dedicated to those on this list who like the herb - Cannabis
sativa!

And you all know who you are!                            Well, maybe
you don't remember.....

Doug!

Al Gore's son arrested on drug charges: 24-year-old was driving Prius
at about 100 mph

He was, however, doing his part to end global warming: he was driving a
Toyota Prius. That’s one suped-up hybrid!

>From the Associated Press:

     Al Gore’s son was arrested early Wednesday on suspicion of
possessing marijuana and prescription drugs after deputies pulled him
over for speeding, authorities said.

     Al Gore III, 24, was driving a blue Toyota Prius about 100 mph on
the San Diego Freeway when he was pulled over at about 2:15 a.m.,
Sheriff’s Department spokesman Jim Amormino said.

     The deputies said they smelled marijuana and searched the car,
Amormino said. They found less than an ounce of marijuana along with
Xanax, Valium, Vicodin and Adderall, which is used for attention
deficit disorder, he said.

     “He does not have a prescription for any of those drugs,” Amormino
said.

     Gore was released from the men’s central jail in Santa Ana
Wednesday afternoon after posting $20,000 bail. Amormino said Gore had
yet to hire an attorney.

Al Gore Defends Arrested Son’s Carbon Offset Strategy

>From Scott Ott over at Scrapple Face:

     Al Gore, the concert organizer and former U.S. vice president,
today defended his son, Al III, after the younger Gore’s arrest for
speeding and drug possession, applauding his use of the hybrid Toyota
Prius to offset the carbon emissions of his smoking marijuana.

     “Even at 100 miles per hour,” said the elder Mr. Gore, “the Prius
produces less deadly greenhouse gas than a Lincoln Navigator or a
Hummer. While I don’t condone getting caught with marijuana, I would
venture to say that my boy’s total carbon footprint is still
substantially smaller than the median for his socioeconomic and age
brackets.”

     The former presidential candidate, still considered a possible
contender for the 2008 Democrat nomination, is about to take center
stage at the global LIVE EARTH concerts this weekend.

     Mr. Gore helped organize LIVE EARTH to dramatize the plight of the
planet by having hundreds of thousands of people burn millions of
gallons of carbon-based fuel to travel to eight locations worldwide
where they’ll communally exhale billions of cubic yards of carbon
dioxide, generate hundreds of tons of human and artificial waste and
expend untold kilowatt hours of electricity.

     “People don’t realize how bad they are for the planet,” he said.
“But when we’re all together at these concert locations, it will paint
a picture of horrifying waste and environmental devastation. We’re
hoping people will see it, wake up and say, ‘We have to stop doing
this!’.”