[Vision2020] Violence

Janesta janesta at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 10:10:55 PDT 2007

It is sad. I've lived here all my life, and can't remember so many people
getting murdered.

It happens in other small communities, why not here? In my opinion the
increase in violence is partly due to lack of mental health care, and the
loss of hope. Take a look around at the big world picture... now imagine you
have mental health issues that are unresolved.

Until our insurance companies, state and federal programs provide mental
health care benefits on the level of someone with cancer, we will continue
to see a rise in violent means to an end.

What do you suggest be done about this problem that is facing not only OUR
community, but our state, and country?

Janesta