[Vision2020] Fw: Avista & Trees

Linda Pall lpall at moscow.com
Mon Jul 2 15:43:58 PDT 2007

Dear April and Others with 'problem' and PROBL:EM!!! trees,

My best suggestion is to approach Roger Blanchard, the City's arborist and a
very kind and understanding person with good sense for what works for people
AND trees with your problem and any suggestions for solutions you might
have. Talk it through with him. You might propose tree replacement or
discuss some landscape plan that is more to your liking and needs... showing
how it would improve the look of your property and enhance the neighborhood,
producing a win/win.

Roger has a lot of good ideas for what works and what doesn't... he shares
your view that some trees, when damaged by weather or pests, should be
removed. "The City" is not anxious to inhibit the interests of property
owners: our policy interest is the promotion of healthy, beautiful street
trees in the right of way that will benefit the property owner and "the
City."

Your presence when trees on your property are being pruned is not for the
purpose of annoying Avista wokres. It gives the opportunity to avoid
misunderstandings that might not be able to be rememdied: once the branch is
gone, it's gone.

It's been my experience that Avista workers are more than willing to find a
collaborative solution that meets the company's and the homeowner's needs.

Give us all another chance, April! We can work together!

All the best,

Linda Pall
Moscow City Council