[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 22:36:31 PST 2007

That sounds reasonable to me.  I don't hunt, but have no problems with
people who do.  Just not my thing.  I'd have to let the experts figure
out the proper number, but from what I know 200 tags sounds good.

It does seem like a good compromise.  Hunters get the pleasure of taking
down a magnificent predator, the wolves get some kind of limit set on
their population growth, some pressure gets taken off the livestock
owners, and the wolves aren't hunted so close to extinction that a
sudden problem could cause their demise.

And to top it off, the rest of the country gets to stop calling us
barbarians and butchers over this issue.

Paul