[Vision2020] Mixed news for Wolves

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed Jan 31 14:01:20 PST 2007

Will
 I am mostly in agreement with your statements on a balance in the ecosystem. however I do not think that killing off old cow elk has anything to do with the productive of young ones. One thing that is missing is the disregard of the effects on livestock. I understand that you folks do not care about the lively hood of livestock producers, which is why you do not take this into consideration or downgrade it. I do not have a problem with maintaining some wolves, but they need to be controlled. They are much more dangerous than coyotes. I am a believer in multiple use. This includes everyone, including livestock producers. I am a supporter of The Nature conservancy. I used to be a member of the Audubon Society, but their views have became too one side. The Sierra Club has always ben too radical for me. As an aside, I was raised in the middle of what is called the Owyhee Initiative. Our place was about 50 miles from Jordan Valley, Oregon and 80 miles from Bruneau, Idaho. I supp!
 ort the
Owyhee Imitative as do most of my former neighbors that still live there.

Roger