[Vision2020] New York Magaine: My Adventures in Psychopharmacology

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Sun Jan 28 15:16:40 PST 2007

One sentence cannot express the import of this story or summarize it.

However, if one tried it would be:  Psychopharmacological drugs should be prescribed very, very carefully, and the results monitored very, very carefully; beware of mental health professionals who do not, who are quick and careless with their diagnoses, and who do not consider augmenting drug treatment with other relevant therapies.

If you have a child, loved one, or friend undergoing mental health therapy, I doubt that you would want happen to them what happened to the author of this article.  If you have child, loved one, or friend undergoing mental health therapy, this article may help you gain some perspective on the problems of the irresponsible use psychopharmacological treatments, as opposed to the careful, studied use of such treatments.

W.