[Vision2020] NAQOYQATSI-Life As War

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:48:05 PST 2007

All-

The reference to the film "Koyaanisqatsi" leads to the whole Qatsi
Trilogy...

Naqoyqatsi is the third film in the Qatsi Trilogy...Reading this summation,
quoted below, of thematic content in this film is profound beyond words...

What are we doing to our world?

http://www.koyaanisqatsi.org/films/naqoyqatsi.php

Na-qoy-qatsi: (nah koy' kahtsee) N. From the Hopi Language. 1. A life of
killing each other 2. War as a way of life. 3. (Interpreted) Civilized
violence.

"Nature has held earthly unity through the mystery of diversity. New nature
achieves this unity through the awesome power of technological
homogenization. NAQOYQATSI is a reflection on this singular event, where our
subject is the medium itself, the wonderland of technology. The medium is
our story. In this scenario human beings do not use technology as a tool
(the popular point-of-view), but rather we live technology as a way of life.
Technology is the big force and like oxygen it is always there, a necessity
that we cannot live without. Because its appetite is seemly infinite, it is
consuming the finite world of nature. It is in this sense that technology is
NAQOYQATSI, a sanctioned aggression against the force of life itself - war
life, a total - war beyond the wars of the battlefield."

A sanctioned aggression against the force of life itself....