[Vision2020] FW: Moscow Ice Rink

Jerry Weitz gweitz at moscow.com
Fri Jan 26 16:53:41 PST 2007

Hi Chris:  The reason:the poor quality of present leadership.  Their
motives are to make sure no good deed goes unpunished.  Recall the eviction
notice given to the Alt school as it entered its third year at the present
location.  The eviction notice was in violation of state and federal law
and given one week before school started.    Some believe Chaney is paying
back the county commissioners for rejecting the building cap ordinance.
Whitman County is reaping the benefits.  UI has pasted the tipping point and
BSU is now the flagship.  Why?  If a community causes havoc with state
infrastructure such as a safe highway at the cost of millions to the tax
payer, is perceived as not worth supporting due to such actions such as
wasting money in Boise or being antibusiness,  being elitist and out of
touch with the average Idahoan who has to make a living , what will be the
predictable result?

One person told me  Chaney is like elements during the Vietnam War who said
we have to kill them in order to save them.  She certainly hurt the
elementary kids in need of a gym (St Mary's). and has alienated most of
Whitman/Pullman entities. Many
  thought the knowledge Corridor/ business triangle  was the best answer
for the UI's future.  Of course, this would have to involve growth and
regional cooperation.  Unforturnately,Chaney is more about identifying the
roadblocks/creating roadblocks than about positive actions.  Recall, that
at the Knowledge Corridor Summitt, her message centered onsaving turtle
eggs in a Mexican village
than about  proper dialogue over developing the reality of a business
research triangle on the Palouse.  Jerry