[Vision2020] Ice Rink - Some light on why it is located at the Fairgrounds

david sarff davesway at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:30:01 PST 2007

Yes Chris, pragmatism is a good virtue. You are to be commended highly, in a
multiplicity of ways. I guess am asking that we examine and measure need and
costs that will, with no doubt, occur sometime in the future, against the
situation we have today. One point in your response, included something
about the city staff and seems to stand out there. I won’t elaborate though.
I predict that the fairgrounds will be too small within roughly 20 years.
Then it will be a bit steeper cost, close flat land maybe harder to get. I
also hate to loose productive farm ground to almost anything though. Am
happy to allow the rink and pay my share. I think we are squeezing the
future though. Fishing for options…
Dave