[Vision2020] MSD is at it again!

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed Jan 24 20:19:55 PST 2007

Here is yet another posting from Right-Mind.us for those yet under the
Ban!

How Public Schools Cause Social Conflict

Here’s an interesting take on things. I never think of the government
schools as the “key to the nation’s unity.” What a statist mind set.

>From Cato-at Liberty:

For many Americans, it is an article of faith that public schooling is
the key the nation’s unity. However, in a new study, “Why We Fight: How
Public Schools Cause Social Conflict,” Cato scholar Neal McCluskey
demonstrates that far from uniting diverse peoples, public schooling
forces them into constant conflict over schools for which they all must
pay, but only the most politically powerful can control. “To end the
fighting caused by state-run schooling, we should transform our system
 from one in which government establishes and controls schools, to one
in which individual parents are empowered to select schools that share
their moral values and educational goals for their children,” says
McCluskey.

Now there’s a right-minded recommendation: separation of school and
state. I’m for it.

You can sign up to be a part of the Separation of School and State here:

http://www.schoolandstate.org/home.htm