[Vision2020] The IACI and Personal Property Tax

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Tue Jan 23 07:00:04 PST 2007

No More Property Taxes in Idaho?
Check out the Week #2 Idaho Association of Commerce and Industry
legislative report. IACI is proposing doing completely away with
property taxes in Idaho.

Published Tuesday, January 23, 2007 4:56 AM by Right-Mind

Tom Hansen Tue Jan 23 05:41:45 PST 2007

I read somewhere at about 4:56 this morning that the IACI (Idaho
Association of Commerce and Industry) is campaigning to eliminate
personal property tax.

Now why would we care about what time Tom checks his news sources? Is
it because he is still reading Dale's site via dial up? Is 4:56 am a
special time?

I actually appreciate the fact that you posted this Tom. I hate each
year having to pay this "rental" tax on my personal property in order
to have a business over here in Moscow.

It is bad enough that Latah Co has one of the highest property tax
rates in the state. But to add insult to injury, and have to pay a
personal property tax on all of my tools, equipment, ladders, computer
and software to support the blotted MSD is a real slap in the face.
Although, I wouldn't mind paying 48% of my tax liability if I new that
the other 52% was not feeding the coffers of Moscow Public Schools.
Yes, 52% of the tax both you and I pay each year goes to the MSD to
waste on an already blotted budget.

I also see that the LEVY for MSD has reared it's ugly head. Let's hope
it is soundly defeated yet once again!