[Vision2020] More on the ice rink

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 20 23:33:57 PST 2007

So now Aaron Ament knows why Nancy Chaney was elected??? To bring Randy and Gary under control?

  Nancy was elected because the People of Moscow elected her. I didn't vote for Nancy to be Mayor of Moscow. I voted for her for city council though, and she was an excellent council woman. But I don't think, and still don't think she was yet up to the task of being mayor with only two years of experience, and think she is proving me correct.

  I voted for Peg because I know that she had the experience, and the understanding of the job.

  Moscow has not done well under Nancy's time. She is a good person. She means well, and is very determined to be a good leader. However, I think I was correct to point out in 2005 that she was not yet ready. I am willing to bet that she would not be reelected at this point because of the major errors she has made.

  However, nobody is perfect and being mayor is a hard job. I hope rather than bashing her like Aaron Ament does, we can help her out, because her failure to lead and make good decisions makes all of Moscow suffer.

  I like Nancy, as a person, and think she is one of the kindest people I know, remember she is a nurse. But clearly she needs some help in this job she has taken on. I hope Aaron shuts his loud mouth, at least around the DN and LMT and tries helping instead. I don't know of one thing he has accomplished (besides ending the pledge) since being in office unless complaining about others is an accomplishment.

  Best,

  Donovan

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:

Excerpts from today's Daily News:

"'This is a slap in the face to the City Council,' [Ament] said. 'It's
against everything we'd discussed.'

Conflict between city staff and members of the City Council has existed
in the past, Ament said, including last summer's request by the Moscow
Police Department to unionize.

He said city administration officials like [City Attorney Randy] Fife
and Moscow City Supervisor Gary Riedner 'need to go.'

'This is a strong mayoral system but I don't see the mayor leading. I
see city staff in control,' he said. '(Mayor) Nancy Chaney was brought
into office to bring them under control, but that hasn't happened. If
Nancy (Chaney) doesn't want to step up to the plate, Nancy needs to
leave too.'"

Ament wanting to recall Chaney? Wow.

Looks like someone other than the County Commissioners is "shocked" . .
.

DC

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com