[Vision2020] Latah Commission 'Shocked' By City's Action

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Sat Jan 20 12:13:47 PST 2007

Bill says:
"Fife made a mistake.  The Council was trying to mellow out this little
turf
war thing with the county and Fife threw gasoline on the fire.
I agree that Fife needs to go."

In my perusal of the article posted by Tom Hansen, I read the following:
"The order came from City Attorney Randy Fife, apparently with Mayor
Nancy Chaney's concurrence.  'I think it's in keeping with enforcing the
city's laws,' she said earlier in the week, and she stood by the
statement after the commission meeting."

Then am I to understand that since Fife "needs to go", Mayor Chaney also
"needs to go" since it is apparent he was acting under her orders, and
since she stood by the statement?

Just wanting clarification and wondering if the same standards of
conduct apply.

DC