[Vision2020] wolves

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Fri Jan 19 15:34:19 PST 2007

Chas
I think that the statistics in reguard to lightening  are hypothetical, and  to make a point. I do not know of anyone who is advocating the extermination of wolves. The argument is that they should be delisted and ther numbers managed before they become an even greater risk. Elk and dear populations are managed, why not wolves. I have seen cases where the coyotes were nearly exterminated in southern Idaho. This resulted in an overpopulation of rabbits. These things need to be kept in balance. The expense to livestock is high enough now. This loss is payed by the state for verifiable cases. I think that there is a grater loss that that which is verified. The money spent by the state for this reimbursement could be better spent elsewhere.

Roger