[Vision2020] The BLog

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:15:18 PST 2007

On 1/18/07, Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:

> And I keep getting it.  Have activated my modem twice lately and both times it came through.  Slow as my modem is that's a real inconvenience.

Frequently, that's because a huge attachment is sitting in your
in-box, on the server (at your ISP), and it is so big that it is never
successfully received.  In a standard configuration, the messages
aren't wiped from your mailbox at your ISP until after they have all
been successfully downloaded to your PC, so when one gets "stuck" like
this it means that the same batch of messages are continually resent.

That isn't necessarily the problem here, but it might still be
worthwhile talking to your ISP.