[Vision2020] Doug Wilson Interview

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 20:34:08 PST 2007

On 1/17/07, Sue Hovey <suehovey at moscow.com> wrote:

> Equate accommodation with submission if you choose; I don't.  And I read
> that verse in Ephhesians a long time ago.
> So.....If you aren't a Christian why are you using the New Testament as
> proof of anything?

I am not trying to "prove" anything.  I refer to the New Testament
because it has meaning to most of those involved in this dialogue, and
hence overarching relevance.  If Doug Wilson and his wife, Tom, keely,
etc., were Muslim, then I would reference the Qur'an.

I accommodate my wife.  I submit to my wife.  I make compromises with
my wife.  We each compromise for the other.  That's what, to me, the
words in Ephesians ""submitting yourselves ONE TO ANOTHER" mean; you
interpretation apparently differs.  Maybe you will share your
interpretation with us?

As I said in a later post, when I encounter wisdom in the Bible (or
anywhere else, for that matter), I take it to heart.