[Vision2020] What Makes Carls Jr.'s Burgers Taste So Good?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 18:34:25 PST 2007

I was in a Carl's Jr. the other day ago. I noticed the person making my hamburger wasn't wearing any gloves. I though how gross. So I motioned over the manager to have them remake my hamburger wearing gloves. The manager told the employee to wash their hands, being a CNA, I know how the FDA requires you wash your hands, this employee made a half gestured effort to wash her hands with cold water, a tiny amount of soap and drying was more a shake it everywhere, then went back over to the counter WITHOUT gloves and started making another hamburger. I told the manager again, just have it made with gloves. He said, they didn't have gloves. So I got my money and left.

  A few days later, I wrote Carls Jr. website about the issue concerned about the health issue and the potential of bacteria infection. Carls Jr. wrote me back saying that NONE of their restaurants use gloves when making the food, they just wash (yeah right) their hands.

  I of course thought, do all restaurants not wear gloves, so I looked at McD's, Wendy's, Subway, all of them, and discovered they in fact do, the ONLY restaurant that doesn't and has a policy of not wearing gloves in Carl's Jr.

  So unless your are 100% sure that a minimum wage employee thoroughly washed their hands under close supervision of a competent manager when coming back from an "unknown location" during break, I suggest you avoid those manly burgers.

  Best,

  Donovan J Arnold