[Vision2020] Why I didn't vote for Brady

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sun Jan 14 08:38:02 PST 2007

I had hoped that there were other, more sound, reasons for your not voting
for Brady -- chief among them that you're a conservative.

The rigors of a statewide campaign, especially for the underdog, are
exhausting.  I'm sure that Jerry Brady put in some 18-hour days, meeting and
speaking with literally thousands of people.  Unless you had a private
audience with him, I imagine he was swept up in a crowd of people and,
understandably, was unable to grant special "face time" and hand-shaking
gentlemanly sincerity to you and the scores of other people around him.
It's hard to believe that a man who is willing to be scrutinized, tested,
tossed and battered for a grueling campaign against pretty overwhelming odds
would be judged by one person's single experience with him.  If that's what
people's votes are based on, then I ought to take back mine from Shirley
Ringo -- last time I saw her, I really needed a hug and didn't get one.

Of course, I proudly voted for Shirley and contributed to her campaign.  And
as someone who's been told she shakes hands "like a guy" -- whatever that
means -- I really value those straightforward indicators of engagement and
sincerity.  But it strikes me as more than a little odd that you would not
only base your vote on a handshake, but also that you would proudly proclaim
such.

keely