[Vision2020] Moscow's Growth Policies Don't Apply to Whitman(ordo they?)

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 13 17:41:26 PST 2007

Bruce, by "a sensible place for  commercial development that will not cut-off Alturas Business Park from  expansion," I assume that you are referring to the Thompson property which would have made such an excellent location for a new Wal-Mart store. Considering that the phase one development of Alturas is still not 100% filled (even with a legal office and day care center poached from downtown) and that there is absolutely nothing in the phase two development, I've got to wonder just how much future vision you are applying to this endeavor. I also wonder why the many acres to the immediate south of Alturas are not considered adequate for future expansion. At the rate Alturas is filling up, and considering phase two and the afore mentioned southern parcel, we would be well into 2200 before additional property was required. Planning ahead is swell and all but this seems to be carrying things to an extreme. Or are you considering a SWM as the anchor for phase 3?