[Vision2020] Democrat Party Civil War

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Jan 13 08:57:24 PST 2007

This is a particular pet peeve of mine and I thank Andreas for his post.

The parties are correctly known as the Democratic Party and the Republican
Party, as I'm sure just about everyone knows.  I'm a Democrat, which means I
affiliate with the -- you got it -- Democratic Party.  The "-an" in
"Republican" serves as a proper descriptor of both the party and its
adherents.

I suppose, though, that because I generally think that most Republicans are
wrong on the issues, I could just use the "-an" and add a patriotic-looking
"us," which would leave us with "Republicanus."  And if you think that's
silly, stupid, juvenile and petty, I agree.  Just apply the same standard to
those who persist in their sneering use of the "Democrat" party, OK?

keely