[Vision2020] Some Time-Warner "Heads Up" Stuff

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Jan 11 11:51:48 PST 2007

A Little Background:  On December 21st I returned my Adelphia/Time-Warner
Cable converter.  The clerk advised me that I had an outstanding balance of
$10.42 on my account.  I suggested that he bill me.  This way I would have
an invoice "paper trail".  Before I left their office I requested and
received a receipt for the converter that I had returned.

Today I received a bill for $260.42 from Time-Warner in the mail.  Details
of the billing reflected an outstanding balance of $10.42 plus $250.00 for
"unrecovered equipment".  I immediately called Time-Warner, explaining that
I had returned the converter and have a receipt to prove it.  Their response
was, "Oh.  I guess there must have been a mistake.  Just send in $10.42 with
the invoice."  My response was, "I don't think so.  Send me a new bill with
the correct amount due and I will pay it, ok?"  They agreed and told me that
they would send me a new invoice.

Just a well advised "heads up" for those who are going to terminate, or have
already terminated, their account with Time-Warner.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

sideways, chocolate in one hand, a drink in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. What a ride!'"