[Vision2020] America's Health Care is a National Disgrace

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Wed Jan 10 05:53:38 PST 2007

And I am suggesting that to pass regulations to forbid companies to
advertise to consumers is draconian. The only benefit would be physicians
not having to explain to a patient why they won't authorize that particular
product. Are you against consumer information web sites such as WebMD,
DocWeb or the online PDA? Just because a consumer is aware of any given
product does not mean that he will automatically get it. From my
perspective, you have got to have a better reason to pass legislation that
limits peoples access to information them because you don't want an MD to
have to say no and justify his refusal.