[Vision2020] Mayor Chaney and our council

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:57:15 PST 2007

To all,

Today I read in the local Daily news that our mayor opposes the new James
Toyota dealership being built between Moscow and Pullman. I would love to
give you all a link to the article, but I am not computer minded enough to
do so. I bet that most of you can find it though. She mentions that we have
a decling aquifer and that she/"we" are not anti growth. She mentions, the
parking lot will create a "heat island" that will warm the creek as it
passes the lot. Also that the dealership will "jeopardize the safety of the
cyclists".

I have about had it with this council. We can't even have a local car
dealership move spots in order to benefit themselves and hopefully the
region, with more and better goods. She and the MCA cannot fathom the idea
of growth inside our city. They don't understand the concept of growth. In
order to have HIGH TECH COMPANIES inside our city, we need houses, grocery
stores, car dealerships, lawyers doctors, plumbers, landscapers,
accountants, etc etc. All of which take up space, water, electricity, and so
forth. All of which will contribute to our great city.

I just love these excuses arrising from our council. The Hawkins
development: She stated air pollution as a excuse for the advancement of the
project. From what? The tractors grading the earth for one month? Now we are
getting higher temps in water passing over a parking lot. Yes mayor Im sure
the water rises  a few degrees but the leaches infesting the creek won't
mind. I heard they do better with higher temps and farmers chemicals.

Meanwhile Pullman is on the right path generating growth and a future. I
only hope that the Whitman county planning dept laughs at this council and
decides what is best for them. Growth besides Moscow and Pullman.

Matt