[Vision2020] Never argue with an atheist was Living in Idaho

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Tue Jan 9 16:56:38 PST 2007

Let me reply with some ancient words of wisdom from the Hebrew Bible:

The living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they
have no more reward, and even the memory of them is lost. ... for
there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which
you are going (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10b).

> I'm chiming in on this only once because it reminded me of a quote
> I find amusing.
>
>    The difference between an atheist and an agnostic:
>

> "I can well imagine an atheist's last words: "White, white! L-L-
> Love! My God!"—and the deathbed leap of faith. Whereas the
> agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays
> beholden to dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the
> warm light bathing him by saying, "Possibly a f-f-failing
> oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and, to the very end, lack
> imagination and miss the better story.
>
> -Life of Pi
Kerry Becker