[Vision2020] America's Health Care is a National Disgrace

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 9 11:39:27 PST 2007

Mr. Rumelhart you are right. How could a lowly "couch potato" actually have
any valid input into his own health care. I'm certain that we, as patients,
will all be much better off if we just shuffled through the doctors offices
like the mindless sheep that we apparently are. The very idea that, as
informed consumers, we could possibly have any insight into our own
treatment is ridicules. Best we simply sit back and do as we are told by our
betters. Perhaps it would be a good idea to apply this principle to all
aspects of our pathetic little lives and joyfully accept whatever the powers
that be command us to do. The very idea of imposing on the great and
powerful physician, by suggesting that a product that we were made aware of,
whether it be through a TV or magazine ad or research done by whatever
means,  might be of benefit to us is, clearly, overstepping the bounds. His
having to actually explain why it might not be the best course of treatment
is clearly placing far too large a burden on the already beleaguered MD. (we
probably wouldn't be able to understand anyway) People who suggest that
patients participate in their own health care are, obviously, misguided.
Thank you for helping me see the matter more clearly. I is obveusly two dum
to halve a valid opinyun in this mater.