[Vision2020] America's Health Care is a National Disgrace

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 9 06:16:26 PST 2007

Mr. Rumelhart opines:

"Also, how about regulating how pharmaceutical companies can advertise?
I think it's amazing that people actually try to badger their doctors to
into letting them take specific prescription medicines they see
advertised on TV even when they don't need it medically."

Perhaps one of the first procedures that nascent physicians you allude to
should acquire is the ability to check for a backbone in themselves and
their colleagues. Companies with a legal and legitimate product to sell
should not have their free speech curtailed. If a patient sees an advert and
believes that he might benefit from the product being sold it seems very
reasonable that he ask his doctor about its potential use. If the doctor
can't stand up to "badgering" perhaps he should reconsider his profession
and become a trial lawyer or some other profession in which spine is
optional.