[Vision2020] Sad News

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jan 8 11:37:15 PST 2007

>From KTVB.com at:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/stories/ktvbn-jan0807-missing_man.1dbbcf0
f.html

With hopes that Councilman Dickenson will be found and returned unharmed
very, very soon (link courtesy of Tom Ivie).

Idaho man missing after helping crash victim on I-84

10:16 AM MST on Monday, January 8, 2007

Associated Press

THE DALLES, Ore. - A 62-year-old Idaho man is missing after helping the
victim of a crash on Interstate 84 over the John Day River.

The Moscow man was helping the Portland woman yesterday. Joanne Sutton was
westbound on the Interstate when she crossed the river and swerved to avoid
debris on the roadway.

But her car struck the center divider and came to rest blocking the slow
lanes of the freeway.

A blue Mini Cooper operated by John Dickenson stopped behind Sutton's car.
Dickenson got out of the car and rendered assistance to Sutton. But as he
was outside of his vehicle, a car ran into the back of the Mini Cooper.

Oregon State Police determined that Dickenson either fell off of the bridge
or jumped to avoid being struck by the vehicle.

A patrol boat was launched and the John Day River was searched.

My sincerest hopes and sympathies go out to Councilman Dickenson's family
and friends.