[Vision2020] new topic: games

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 7 15:28:18 PST 2007

I suggest go (which you've mentioned).  It's a great game with simple
rules that takes a lifetime to master.  I am horrible at chess, and
can't stand it, yet I do like the game of go.  It's more strategy
oriented, but there is a lot of tactical skill needed as well.  I'm not
very good at it, but I have been playing a computer version of it at
high handicap levels so that I at least stand a chance against it.  The
best thing to do, I hear, is to use a go client and connect to the
internet.  Lots of avid go players there of all levels.

Aside from that, I haven't played an actual board game in years.

Cribbage is a fun game.  You just need to sit down with someone who
plays and who has a board.  There's a small learning curve, but after
you've figured out how everything is counted and who plays when you'll
be off and running.

Paul