[Vision2020] For Some, BSU's Fiesta Bowl Win was 'Pure Agony'

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Jan 6 09:49:54 PST 2007

>From D. F. Oliveria's "Huckleberries" column in Friday's (January 5, 2007)
Spokesman Review -

Quotable Quote: "I have finally come to grips with the Fiesta Bowl game. It
wasn't that it was one of the top games ever (let alone Bowl games), and it
wasn't that I was peeved by TW (Time Warner) and/or KAYU. Nope, it was that
the Bron - (gag) - cos won and that I have to admit that they played great -
better than great. Worst of all, I have to admit that they deserved to win.
Pure agony" - Lead Creek, a Huckleberries Online commenter . . .

Each and every keystroke within the above quote reflects my true feelings
concerning the participants of the 2007 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and its
outcome.

Yes.  The Broncos played well beyond most people's expectations and
seriously deserve the win.  This victory brings credit and respect not only
to the boys in Boise, but also the other members of the Western Athletic
Conference.

To Mr. Gier I would like to remind him that the relationship between UI and
bSU, on the gridiron, is commonly referred to as a rivalry.  Rivalries are
healthy for collegiate sports.  Rivalries serve to enhance esprit and
camaraderie.  If my expressed support for this rivalry disappoints you, so
be it.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Vandalville, Idaho
UI '96

PS - If anybody is interested, I have two tickets for the Martin Luther King
Jr. Human Rights Awards Breakfast (9:00 AM, January 13th at Moscow Junior
High School) I will provide you at no cost.  If interested, please contact
me off list.

Came a tribe from the north brave and bold . . .

"Here We Have Idaho"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/HWHI.mp3

"I-D-A-H-O Idaho Idaho Go Go Go"
http://www.tomandrodna.com/Vandals.mp3