[Vision2020] Selling Latah Health Services

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Jan 5 13:16:44 PST 2007

I strongly support the sale of this county property to Gritman.  Gritman's
primary concern has always been to preserve the health of the community
citizenry.  There is absolutely nothing to suggest or imply that Gritman
management is pursuing an ulterior agenda.  Yet, such allegations have been
implied here on Vision 2020 repeatedly.

I, therefore, strongly encourage pursuing the county vote in February.  Let
the county decide what is to be done with county property.  I have lost
faith in our county commissioners.  The decision to (or not to) renew the
LHS contract was neither made nor publicly released until December.  This
delay caused undue hardship on the residents of LHS as well as their
families.

It is further understood that there are private entities interested in
purchasing the LHS buildings.  Who are they?  What are their intentions?

If our decision is susceptible to error, let's err on the side of caution.

and the REALIST adjusts his sails."
- Unknown