[Vision2020] Gore's Electricity Use Criticized

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Wed Feb 28 10:13:28 PST 2007

February 28, 2007
Gore Lives Carbon-Neutral, Fat-Neutral Lifestyle
by Scott Ott

(2007-02-28) — Oscar-winning filmmaker Al Gore today expanded his call
for Americans to reduce their output of greenhouse gases — the
so-called carbon-footprint — adding a demand to cut the rate of
adult-onset obesity, which he termed “your gluteal fatprint.”

Speaking to fellow Oscar winners who flew in to Nashville last night
for a banquet at his 10,000 square-foot residence, Mr. Gore explained
that Americans burn too much carbon-rich fuel, and eat too much fatty
food.

While conservative groups have attacked Mr. Gore’s “hypocrisy” on the
global-warming issue, since his Tennessee home burns 15 times the
electricity of the average home and he often flies on corporate jets,
Mr. Gore maintains that he lives a “carbon-neutral” lifestyle because
he also invests in solar and wind energy projects to counterbalance his
own substantial carbon-footprint.

“Many people don’t realize that I also live a fat-neutral lifestyle,”
Mr. Gore said. “While the inconvenient truth is that I’ve gained a few
pounds since I beat George Bush at the polls in 2000, I also makes
large investments in companies that produce bran, sprouts and legumes,
thereby reducing my “real feel” weight to around 175.”