[Vision2020] Panel Rejects Day-Care Rules

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Wed Feb 28 10:03:21 PST 2007

Roger writes:

"The statements by some Republicans that the voted against the day care
bill, because mothers should stay at home is ridiculous. In an ideal world
that would be desirable."

Why in an ideal world, it is the just the mothers that stay home?  Why not
let the families choose, if they can afford to live on one salary, which
parent stays home?

Why not make it a national/state/local policy to promote much broader use of
the work from home concept?  We now have the hardware and software
technology that would allow parts of many jobs to be done at home.  Besides
allowing more time for parents to spend with their families, such a
workforce shift would save gasoline, etc.

W.