[Vision2020] Al Gore wins an Oscar for...

Dan Carscallen areaman at moscow.com
Tue Feb 27 06:15:43 PST 2007

Debbie Gray writes:

"Responding to critics, Gore has described the lifestyle he and his wife
Tipper live as "carbon neutral," meaning he tries to offset any plane
flight or car trip by "purchasing verifiable reductions in CO2
elsewhere.""

I'm sorry, but I'm still not convinced.  Gore's being a tad hypocritical
with his "do as I say, not as I do" message.  I've read where many large
corporations go for this "carbon neutral" philosophy by "purchasing
verfiable reductions in CO2 elsewhere", but they are criticized for
doing such rather than creating(?) their own CO2 reductions. (creating
reductions -- talk about an oxymoron!)

I know Gore's passionate about his message, but I'd tend to believe him
more -- and I think his message would carry more weight -- if he lived
like Mark Solomon or Ted Moffett.  I'm not saying I agree 100% with Ted
and Mark, but at least they're not hypocrites.

. . . unless Mark's got a coal-fired power plant up on the mountain and
Ted's using inordinate amounts of hair spray!

At least I've never seen either of them in an SUV.

DC