[Vision2020] Wilson's Excuses

g. crabtree jampot at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 19 19:59:11 PST 2007

Andreas,
  I'll grant you that killing "gay men, disobedient children, heretics, witches, et cetera" is mentioned in the Bible and that Mr. Wilson has made a great point of not backing away from or apologizing for what is contained there. How does this equate with promoting a theocratic system of government sponsored murder? You and an increasing number of like minded souls on this forum continue to make these statements as though they were self evident. Why is it so difficult to provide so much as a tiny shred of documentation?

It should please you to know that I took "Ford's" sage advise and searched the back issues of C/A for child disobedience and, by faith and begorrah, she was right! (imagine my surprise!)There were quite a few articles that came up. Then I went her one better and actually read some of them, forty five minutes later, while being a bit bored and a little sleepy, I had still not read anything that sounded even remotely like a recommendation to do away with disobedient children. Discipline them, yes, Kill them, not hardly. The same goes for the anti homosexual rhetoric. Wilson's own blog goes on at some length  to dispel the notion that the Kirk should rail for a government solution to the "gay" problem. Death is most definitely not mentioned as any kind of solution, secular or ecclesiastic. So much for J's sorry assertions.

If this man is the bold and pernicious purveyor of death that you and others claim that he is, why is it so difficult for you to bring anything that resembles written proof to the table? It's not like the guy is bashful about putting pen to paper. Baring evidence, how about a couple of solid examples of how he is causing his malevolent vision to be made manifest? (the guy seems to eschew politics for the most part) Anything would be better than your continuing to exclaim with wide eyed wonderment, how can you not understand?

Unless someone's got something new or interesting to say on this topic I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out. It just doesn't make much sense to be devoting this much time and energy to battling Ford & Co's fevered delusions, especially since I've been assured that there's no room at the club house for me. (big sigh) Darn. Guess I'll be goose stepping on off to bed now.