[Vision2020] Religion

heirdoug at netscape.net heirdoug at netscape.net
Sun Feb 18 18:36:52 PST 2007

Dear Blind 2020,

In the past few years there have been a lot of comments made that to
most appear to be crude, crass and socially unacceptable. I have made
statements also that fall into the above categories.

Several folks have made biting comments about some one's name... their
religious persuasion... and even their hair or lack there of. But I
don't believe anyone has stooped to the CRUEL level as our resident
Wiccan.

To describe some one's visage, in the terms that you chose, is simple
detestable. Be angry at the person for his lack of social graces but
shame on you, for being so cruel!

Doug

-------

When I looked at new books at the Moscow library, I discovered two of
interest sitting cheek-
and-jowl. Both had to do with the nature of God. One was making the
case for such a being
existing, the other making the case against such a proposition. I'm
almost finished with the
second and will return it on Tuesday. I plan to check out the other at
that time (assuming it's st
there). I would have taken both, but a young man with a face like a
fist snatched it off the shelf
while I was mid-reach.

For those who are interested in this subject (and have an open mind), I
recommend  The God
Delusion by Richard Dawkins. Well written, interesting, accessible, and
worth both a read and
lots of thought.

I'm hoping the other side presents a good read, and is as well written
as the Dawkins book...

Debi R-S