[Vision2020] Fantasy vs. Reality

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Tue Feb 13 15:03:21 PST 2007

News of Christ Cult news.of.christ.cult at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 11:08:46 PST 2007

*Changes in the By-Laws* *Notes, Memos, and Moments from Logos
School, January/February/March 2003

             As the Logos School Board considers an amendment to our
by-laws
that would limit board membership to men, the board thought it would be
helpful to state a few principles that the board is taking into account:

             First, we are *not* considering this amendment because we
believe that the scriptural requirement of men only in the eldership
of a
church applies to the board of a school.  Thus in our view, it is not a
question of whether it is a "sin" to have a woman on the board, but
rather a
question of wisdom and prudence in our current cultural circumstances.

             Second, in regard to those circumstances, we believe it is
necessary to resist egalitarian feminism, which has spread through our
culture and has even affected many parts of the church.  As a classical,
Christian school committed to the Scriptures as our ultimate rule of
faith
and practice, we believe we have an obligation to set a positive
example.  Sad
to say, frequently in the current climate, women seeking positions of
authority (e.g. on a school board) subscribe to some form of feminist
philosophy.  Rather than vetoing a nomination (which would appear to be
personal instead of principled), we would rather address the issue
this way,
without involving personalities.

             Third, we want to positively encourage the involvement
of the
fathers and husbands in the God-ordained oversight of their children's
education (Eph. 6:4).  As we do this, it creates a "de facto"
presence of
men only on the board (as it has been for the last fourteen years), and
leaves the school in a legally unprotected position.  Courts have
consistently found that discrimination can be "proved" from nothing more
than the "results," and so it would be only prudent to have our practice
outlined as a principle within our by-laws.

	[rest snipped]

How convenient to have a holy book to justify their male prejudices.
While the principle of patriarchy is the general theme of the entire
Bible, both OT and NT, the men of the Logos School board especially
like to justify their claim by referring to a late, anonymous non-
Pauline epistle like Ephesians. They then arrogantly transfer an
ancient outlook to our 21st century by damning educated women leaders
as "feminists," and all of us as "secularists." The Wilsonistas are,
of course, "God-ordained," wise, and prudent "in our current cultural
circumstances."

Ralph