[Vision2020] Parking Survey Under Way

Art Deco deco at moscow.com
Tue Feb 13 09:47:00 PST 2007

Gary writes:

" A better approach might be to have an independent third party obtain some objective data with regard to the parking situation."

That would be a good first step.  Given that data then an unbiased professional survey designer could then design a survey with unloaded questions, carefully and fairly select the sample space, and then proceed to determine public and business attitudes/beliefs.  Perhaps the UI or WSU math departments could make this a carefully supervised graduate statistics student project.

Assuming that even if MacDonald and Steed have any enthusiastic supporters, they would probably concede that neither is a qualified survey designer/taker.  We have just discussed a poorly constructed survey by Fox News.  Let's not waste money on another questionable effort which will satisfy no one.

Though Gary and I do not have much in common in our world views, I think we both agree that facts are needed in the discussion of the parking issue, and I hope that we agree that the different parties to the dispute, especially the city, are not likely to generate unquestionable data themselves.

W.