[Vision2020] Bush Admin on global warming

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 17:37:45 PST 2007

Ralph et. al.

OK.  I'll bite!

Assume "God" made the universe according to certain immutable laws, and
deliberately endowed human beings with the capacity to ascertain these
laws for the wise and compassionate use of these God derived principles. To
use our minds to their highest capacity to discern these laws via scientific
experiment and logic/mathematics is showing God great respect... To ignore
our capacity to discover scientific law and follow the results to prevent
cruel disasters from befalling human beings, to declare that the results of
science should be mystified or marginalized, even when science warns of
unwise actions human beings are engaged in that could endanger millions of
people... Well, I just don't think God or Jesus would recommend this course
of action in regards to global warming.  Of course I am assuming certain
concepts of what "God" or "Jesus" intends...There is great disagreement on
this subject.

Perhaps Bush is talking to corporate heads in the energy business, big time
Wall Street investors, and even many people of more modest means, who find
the reality of global warming inconvenient for their profit/investment
models, their lifestyle and energy consumption habits, rather than God or
Jesus, on this subject.

O.K. You were just joking...or were you?

Ted Moffett