[Vision2020] Wrong About the Bible: Slavery

Tony tonytime at clearwire.net
Sat Feb 3 18:47:17 PST 2007

Ralph, we are evidently discussing a different posting from Andreas.  The
one I thought well reasoned said that a volume as redacted, re-written,
compiled over so many tears by so many authors as the Bible, could not
logically be expected in all cases, to be rigidly consistent.  Slavery
aside, that observation is reasonable and cogent.

I personally find the Bible's position on slavery to be a very boring
subject for discussion, and never entered the debate.  I choose now to
continue in that mode and stay on task.  The Bible is inconsistent and
somewhat less than completely reliable for the reasons given above.  Period.

If you wish to browbeat someone over some specific aspect of Bible teaching,
please avail yourself of someone else, I have a life.

Best,  -T