[Vision2020] God is a Boise State Bronco

Carl Westberg carlwestberg846 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 12:24:05 PST 2007

We might as well just give up.  A letter in today's Idaho Statesman.  I
didn't include the writer's name.  Carl Westberg Jr.              God helped
Broncos

Now that some of the furor of the Fiesta Bowl is starting to die down,
I just wanted to add a comment. I think the accomplishment was fabulous
and beyond mere excitement. The team, the coaches and administration
deserve the accolades they are getting.

But, I fear something was overlooked. In the support letters before the
game, one person stated their whole church was praying for them. At the
game during a stressful part, one family was on their feet yelling and
cheering when the man noticed his wife sitting with her head down. He
nudged her saying you should be cheering not sleeping. Her reply was
I'm not sleeping, I'm praying. I myself prayed for the team, individual
players and coaches continually throughout the game, especially when
facing serious challenges.

Marty Tadman got it right. When interviewed on national TV, he gave
credit to God. The courageous plays called at the end all went like
clockwork, even the one that never worked well in practice. Praise God,
he listens and he had his hand on them all.