[Vision2020] NSA's accrediting agency is not recognized in Texas

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 21 18:39:26 PST 2007

Crabtree's comments and links are misleading. He notes 10 links. Suppose
there were 100 instances in which scientists fudged data. Should we conclude
that ALL scientists fudge data or that SOME do?

I could come up with countless instances in which Pastors have made things
up in order to convince their followers -- for nothing more than economic
gain. Does that mean that ALL religion is hogwash? That all Pastors are out for
nothing other than selfish financial gain? That Christianity is built upon a
thrown of lies? Of course not.

On the whole, science offers the best model of objective knowledge that we
have. It is not perfect and scientists are not perfect. But to think that ALL
scientists who endorse evolution theory are biased -- or, more to the point, to
think that Crabtree's 10 links support this claim -- is absurd.

If Crabtree was trying to establish the claim that scientists are biased on the
basis of his 10 links, then he is guilty of the fallacy of small sample. I would
say the same for anyone who tried to make a similar claim about religion
based on 10 links -- which is easy enough to do. The history of science is
extensive and glorious. The case for evolution theory is great, also, which is
why the number of biologists working in the area who reject it can be counted
on one hand. It would take a billion examples to prove Crabtree's point, and I
don't see that coming any time soon.

I'd contribute to this forum a bit more if I found ONE conservative who was
willing to call Crabtree on the crap that he continually throws out.

--
Joe Campbell